Searching...
Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beehive Bulletin Board for Primary

Need a way to get your whole Primary working on memorizing the Articles of Faith?
Here is the beehive bulletin board I created to serve as a visual incentive.

I created the words using vinyl and a Silhouette cutting machine. You could easily write the title on.


I used brown butcher paper. You'll want about 7 feet to work with.
I measured so each section was 4 inches tall. I made the bottom 13 sections wide enough to fit 9 bees (1 for each class). The bees are about 2.5 inches wide and high. I searched Google for "bee clip art" then clicked line drawing over on the left so it would just show me bees with outlines. That lets you write inside the bees. You'll need 13 per class. We have 9 classes so I made a few more than 117 to make sure we had extras.

Then I added 3 more rows to the top that were narrower for the titles.  I drew it all in pencil and rounded the  sides of each row, making each row a little smaller as I went up. Then I traced it all in permanent marker.
I added the black hole opening at the bottom to leave a few bees inside for them to earn.
All of these are labeled #1. 

SHARING TIME: 
When a class memorizes the first Article of Faith and recites it together in sharing time to pass it off, they get to write their class name on the bee and stick it up on the first row. If they want to earn them out of order that is fine too.

CLASS TIME:
We are going to put flash cards into the class pencil boxes to encourage teachers to use extra class time working on memorizing the Articles of Faith.
If you are on Pinterest you can see my Primary board with more ideas on Article of Faith flash cards and Primary tips.
I added the focus Article of Faith on our white board then taped up a few bees flying over to the hive to remind them to "fill the hive."

We haven't decided on a final prize if each class fills the hive.  We just like that there is a visual for them to work on together. Here is how it looks in the room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment